Description of Air Conditioning and its Servicing
Service of air conditioner
Air conditioning service involves cleaning the AC unit’s machinery, testing its functioning and fixing issues with pooling water. Listed below are some helpful AC service tips that will save you time and money.
Cleaning of air conditioner
- First, make sure that the AC unit is off. This means you must either find a power switch, or shut off the circuit breaker to the AC.
- Secondly, check the small copper pipe that connects the AC unit to the house. If it’s hot, the coil is dirty and must be washed.
- Remove the cover from the unit to locate the coils.
- Use a soft brush for brushing any debris or dirt from the outer cover.
- Remove any leaves and debris from the unit before turning it on.
Check Air Conditioner Functioning
- Use the thermostat to start the AC.
- Listen carefully for any unusual noise when the unit powers on.
- Check the temperature in each room of the home with a hand held thermometer.
Resolve Issues with Pooling Water
- Check the tubes near the site of the problem for any signs of leakage.
- Look carefully for any drains that may be clogged.